If you meet all of the requirements for becoming a Swedish citizen when you submit an application your citizenship will be accepted, otherwise your application will be rejected.
To become a Swedish citizen, you have to:
- be able to prove your identity
- be 18 years of age or older
- have a permanent residence permit or have a right of residence or residence card (applies to you if you are an EU citizen or a close relative of an EU citizen)
- have met the requirements for habitual residence (i.e., lived in Sweden for a certain amount of time)
- have conducted yourself well while in Sweden.